by Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths
This a fantastic book illustrating how concepts from the field of Computer Science can be applied to everyday life to solve real-world problems. The style is engaging and the ideas can be genuinely life-changing. For example, after reading this book, you will have a scientific justification for not sorting your paper work.
- Optimal Stopping: When to Stop Looking
- Explore/Exploit: The Latest vs. the Greatest
- Sorting: Making Order
- Caching: Forget About It
- Scheduling: First Things First
- Bayes’s Rule: Predicting the Future
- Overfitting: When to Think Less
- Relaxation: Let It Slide
- Randomness: When to Leave It to Chance
- Networking: How We Connect
- Game Theory: The Minds of Others
- Conclusion: Computational Kindness
This page contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.